Welcome to the Year 4 page!
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your child to a new year at St Clare’s. We are looking forward to the year ahead and all the amazing work that will be produced.
Below is a list of information on the weekly routines for the each class:
- P.E – 4RW Outdoor P.E will be on a Tuesday, 4S Indoor P.E will be on Tuesday. Outdoor P.E will be on a Friday.
- 4RW will be going swimming on a Thursday morning.
- Homework will be handed out on a Friday to be completed by the following Wednesday.
- Spellings will be handed out Friday to be learnt before a test the following Friday.
- Children should read their reading books every night and bring their records in signed the following day.
- During the Summer term children will sit a times table assessment, this will assess their knowledge of the 1-12 times tables. To help prepare for this the following link would be a great tool for your children to practice throughout this year. https://mathsframe.co.uk/en/resources/resource/477/Multiplication-Tables-Check
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mr R Willis
Miss R Sabor
Year 4 Autumn 1 overview
Year 4 yearly overview
This half term in Year 4 we have been learning about the digestive system. We started our topic off by looking at the different types of teeth we have in our mouths and what each are used for. The children are given the opportunity to create their own set teeth out of clay which they really enjoyed.
We are exploring the Anglo-Saxon period of history this half term and have started by looking at who they were and where they came from. Our last lesson we looked at what the Anglo-Saxon’s needed to create their settlements in Britain. The children created their own settlement map making sure that they had the right amount of natural resources and man-made structures.