Our Physical Education curriculum has been designed to be broad and balanced, providing the pupils with the opportunity to master their learning and deepen their knowledge, making sense and giving purpose as to why we learn about PE. At St. Clare’s we believe PE is vital to pupils’ physical, mental and emotional development and health. We provide children with inclusive, engaging and challenging PE lessons, where each child can reach their full potential. We aim to foster enthusiasm and enjoyment of PE and Sports across the whole school from Early Years to Year 6. We want to teach children how to co-operate and collaborate with others, as part of a team, understanding fairness and equality of play to embed life long values. We wish to leave our children actively wanting to take part in Sport, PE and have a good attitude to Health and Well-Being.
Please see attached documents around the PE curriculum here at St Clare's. You will find our whole school curriculum development, PE Curriculum statement, Key Questions by year group and National Curriculum objective coverage.
PE LTP new
PE curriculum statement
PE key questions
Dream Big Sports
We are really excited to be working alongside Dream big sports this year. We will have coaches in school on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday working with the children and staff on curriculum PE aswell as offering some after school clubs. Watch this space for updates and photos!
Keeping active and healthy at home
Here are some suggestions of ways you and your family can keep active and healthy at home.
- Daily mile – go for a walk around your local area (remembering social distancing) or set up a daily mile track in your back garden/yard.
- Use toys in the garden to make obstacle courses
- Tune into Joe Wicks daily at 9am https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html
- Use you tube stations such as cosmic yoga, go noodle, jump start Johnny if you can’t get outdoors.
- Follow this link for some alphabet fitness bingo Manchester Schools’ PE Association website
- Try CJ and friends if you want to link your movement to worship https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbAHzn2p9Fxsa-C72yzSEig
PE Healthy Schools
City In The Community
Our friends at Manchester City in the Community have shared some activities with us which will keep us all busy! Please have a look at these below:
P.E CITC Resources 2021
You may also want to explore a range of different P.E challenges too. We'd love for you to send us your photos/videos of you in action!
Progress Sports P.E Resources 2021
Progress Sports have a range of interactive videos and resources available for you to access from home. Please find some useful links to these below;
Wellbeing and Stretch
You can also find other useful videos and resources on their website and youtube page that can be used as you wish.
Progressive Sports Website